CLINICAL SCIENCE SPECIALIST (CSS)– Multiple Positions
Partner Therapeutics (PTx) is a privately held company devoted to developing and
commercializing medicines and combination therapies that can make a meaningful
difference in the lives of cancer patients and those with other difficult to treat
diseases. We believe that being a cancer company begins and ends with the patient. We
strive to support patients throughout their treatment journey and offer therapy options for
them and their loved ones.
PTx acquired worldwide rights to Leukine® (sargramostim) in early 2018. As the only FDA
approved GM-CSF available in the U.S., we believe Leukine offers important and
differentiated benefits to cancer patients and are excited by the opportunity to continue its
re-introduction to the hematology/oncology community with its current label and
potential future expansion indications. Leukine is also the subject of significant scientific
interest with multiple ongoing Investigator Sponsored Trials.
We are looking for a select group of entrepreneurial biopharmaceutical field professionals
who are committed to advancing patient care with a commitment to excellence and a
proven track record of successfully engaging physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other
healthcare professionals in science-based promotional interactions. This team of Clinical
Science Specialists will enhance our capabilities and extend our reach within the medical
community. Our goal is to ensure all stakeholders have the data and information needed
to make the best possible decisions for their patients.
• Strategically assess existing Leukine and competitive product utilization in assigned
geography. Develop a territory promotional business plan - including account
prioritization, resource utilization and three, six and nine-month goals & objectives.
• Working directly with the Business Analytics team, utilize Leukine and competitive
product data to uncover and leverage all appropriate opportunities to access existing
and potential prescribers.
• Effectively communicate Leukine marketing messages to prescribers, ensuring they
receive optimal education on Leukine and enable its full consideration and use in
appropriate patients. Educate the treatment team to support the full course of Leukine
treatment, including side effect management.
• Ensure office staff are properly educated on Leukine patient support services.
• Collaborate closely with Account Management team and develop account level plans
that pull-through and optimize Market Access Programs.
• Develop a deep understanding of the biology of hematopoiesis and the role of CSFs in
the hematopoietic cascade.
• In direct collaboration with Training & Development, devote significant time and
energy to learn, understand and synthesize all assigned clinical trial publications,
review articles and other data on Leukine and CSFs on an ongoing basis.
• Complete timely, accurate and thorough routine and ad hoc data entry and reporting,
including field promotional activities and progress, feedback, and expense reporting.
• Manage territory budget and focus spend to ensure optimal ROI for all activities.
• Provide ongoing input to the organization on customer feedback, process
improvement, and resource utilization.
• Uphold the highest standards of integrity and ethics; conduct all activities in
compliance with legal/regulatory requirements and PTx Policies.
• Strong orientation toward the patient, customer service, and teamwork. Commitment
and passion for fighting cancer and improving patients’ lives.
• Strong and enduring relationships with hematology/oncology thought leaders,
clinicians, practice managers, and other account influencers within one or more
markets in the assigned territory.
• Proven ability to consistently access academic centers and large group practices,
ideally in both hematology and oncology.
• Proven ability to learn and communicate the science and biology that support a
• Successful collaboration with other commercial field roles in developing and
executing plans that impact multiple functions within assigned accounts.
• Ability and desire to hold in-depth clinical and scientific dialog with thought leaders.
• 10+ years prior field experience in the biopharma industry required with 5+ years in
hematology/oncology; launch experience desired.
• Strong business planning skills and a proven track record of building and consistently
executing against targeted and actionable business plans.
• Entrepreneurial spirit – experience with small biotech organizations and start-ups is a
• Flexibility – can adapt to changing direction as our market knowledge expands.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to travel >30%; valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Overnight
travel of 1 – 3 days/week will be required in most territories.
• Sound judgment to ensure integrity and compliance with PTx company policies in all
activities and communications.
• Passion for Patient Care – deep commitment and sense of urgency to help patients.
• Relentlessly Curious – desire to advance knowledge in both science and business and
what motivates customers.
• Embraces Change – thrives in a start-up environment where priorities and processes
• Resiliency – embraces the challenges in accessing physicians and overcomes them.
• Highly Collaborative – directly engages with other field and home office roles to
• Self Sufficient and Accountable – requires limited direction and successfully develops
a new territory.
• Excellent Communicator – uses approved data and marketing messages to effectively
promote product to all stakeholders.
• Respect All People – strong desire to be an integral piece of the foundation of a new
company. Embraces the idea that one should learn from everyone.
Compensation will be comprised of a base salary, non-sales-based performance bonus,
vehicle reimbursement, equity, and a profit-sharing program. PTx offers a competitive
benefit program including health, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, a 401(k)-
matching program, and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Boston/New England
• Upstate NY/Pennsylvania
• New York City/Long Island
• North & South Carolina
• South/East Coast Florida
• Detroit/SE Michigan
• Little Rock/Memphis/New Orleans
• LA North
• San Diego/AZ